Accurate cutting and bevelling
Download Product PDF
Experienced and inexperienced welders can improve their productivity, accuracy and cut quality with the Mathey Dearman Short Saddle Cutting and Beveling machine. The integrity of design and the quality of the components enable the machines to produce the most consistently square and accurate cuts year after year. Available in manual or motorised models to cut pipe from 1.5″-48″ (38mm-1219mm).
Components are crafted from state-of-the-art aluminium alloys.
- Light weight, compact and portable
- Durable and substantially resistant to both extreme heat and cold.
- One piece saddle design makes the machine resistant to stress and warping.
- Spacer bolts or step spacers are located on either side of the ring gear to make it one of the most accurate machines on the market today.
- Machine can be positioned closer to valves and other fittings because of the short saddle design
- Motorising kit can be attached to the machine by a person with little or no mechanical experience
Dependable and tough, the Saddle Machine was specifically designed for critical pipe applications that require a high degree of cut quality and accuracy.
The lightweight, durable machine has been known for more than 70 years as the standard in the industry due to its long life, reliability and cutting accuracy.
Both inexperienced and experienced welders can improve efficiency, accuracy and cut quality.
Models available for pipe sizes 1 1/2″-48″ (38mm-1219mm).
Manual and motorised versions available.
- PORTABLE—The light compact unit is an excellent tool for shop or field applications.
- ACCURATE—The spacer bolts, located on both sides of saddle, give the machine the accuracy required when cut quality and accuracy is critical.
- EASY SET-UP—Requires little or no operator skill or training to set up and achieve an accurate cut.
- PROVEN—The saddle, ring gear and cap ring are made of aluminum that is hard anodized to maintain accuracy and provide long-lasting durability.
- ADAPTABLE—Can be used with oxy/fuel or plasma machine torch with 1 3/8″ barrel diameter.
- BUILT TO WITHSTAND the construction, fabrication and welding jobsite environment.
- Up to 80% FASTER than hand cutting and grinding.
- Contour Cutting Attachment
The Contour Cutting Attachment with templates when added to the Saddle machine enables the welder to produce perfect Mitre and Saddle cuts. Simply change the template to alter to alter the pipe end Saddle or Mitre configurations.
Saddle Machine Kit includes:
- Base machine
- Fully adjustable torch arm
- Torch carrier assembly – for mounting of torch arm
- Spacer bolts or step spacers are required to mount the machine to different pipe sizes
- Parts and operating manual
- 6SA and 8SA also includes extension plate and spacers
The extension plate and spacers lower torch arm and torch carrier assembly in relationship to the surface of the pipe, so the smaller diameters can be cut with a 10″ plasma or Oxy/fuel machine torch.
- Machine cutting torch
- Storage box
Mathey Dearman Saddle Clamp Specification Table
|Part # (Manual)||03-0100-000||03-0101-000||03-0102-000||03-0103-000||03-0104-000||03-0105-000||03-0106-000||03-0108-000|
|Part # (Motorised)||03-0100-M00||03-0101-M00||03-0102-M00||03-0103-M00||03-0104-M00||03-0105-M00||03-0106-M00||03-01081-M00|
in / mm
|20-26 / 508-660||24-30 / 610-762||28-36 / 711-914||40-48 / 1016-121940-48 / 1016-1219|
| Net weight|
lbs / kgs
|10 / 5||16/7||26/12||50/22||78/35||105/48||180/82||210/95|
lbs / kgs
| Shipping dimensions|
in / mm
|12 x 12 x 10|
|18x18x11 1/2 /457x457x492||23x23x12 1/2 /584x584x318||34x32x12/ 864x813x305||45x45x18/ 1143x1143x457||45x45x18/ 1143x1143x457||58x48x18/ 1473x1219x457||70x62x21/ 1778x1547x533|
|Max Speed (motorised)|
|141 / 3581||60 / 1524||89 / 2261||47 / 1194||53 / 1346||34 / 864||35 / 889||366 / 914|
|Min Speed (motorised)|
|4 / 102||4 / 102||6 / 152||7 / 178||7 / 178||8 / 203||5 / 127||5 / 127|
|Includes Spacers to cut pipe sizes ***||2″, 3″, 4″ / 51, 76, 102mm||3″, 4″, 6″, 8″/ 76, 102, 152, 203mm||6″, 8″, 10″, 12″ / 152, 203, 254, 305mm||12″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″ / 305, 356, 406, 457, 508mm||20″, 22″, 24″, 26″ / 508, 559, 610, 660mm||24″, 26″, 28″, 30″ /610, 660, 711, 762mm||28″, 30″, 36″ / 711, 762, 914mm||40″, 42″, 48″ / 1016, 1067, 1219mm|
|*inches per minute||**mm per minute||***Optional Spacers available to cut other pipe sizes|
A full catalogue of all Mathey Dearman Products is avaialbe for download from here:
Mathey Dearman Catalogue
Please be aware this is a large PDF file (35Mb)